Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bless his heart...

Sam is pretty with it and knowledgeable about what's going on with the pregnancy.  He asks all the right questions, says the right things (most of the time), and keeps up.  So I was telling him how I had to go in to the hospital on New Year's Day to get the Non-Stress Test done b/c my dr's office was closed.  He said he'd go with and then asked me how much we were going to have to pay for it.  I told him I wasn't sure, but my insurance has us pay 25% on lab work, but this wasn't really lab work.  He then said, "Well those tests are very expensive, like $800!"  I'm confused by this point because I've had about 3 or 4 of them so far and I don't think we've paid for them.  So he says, "Yes, you're doing the stress test that they make the heart patients do, right? Where they put you on the treadmill and increase the speed?". 

Wow. Just wow.  I couldn't stop laughing. Me on a treadmill as they increase the speed. 
Bless his heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In sam's defense, I thought the same thing. I was totally picturing it in my head! :). What is a stress test?

Amanda Brandt said...

Where they put the heartrate and contraction thing around your stomach. Lucky you for not having one! I've had too many tests to count this pregnancy.